Sunday, August 15, 2010

India in the South

In Anjuna-Goa, India.

By far, one of my favorite places in India! It's relaxed, slow-paced, full of expat hippies, and absolutely beautiful. It feels like the jungle-old-time-India I pictured in my head. The monsoon rains are heavier and fall more frequently here, but it's still beautiful. Plus, after two years in the JOR, a good rain shower is a welcome event.

M & I rented mo-peds to get around. It's a mo-ped culture down here, with few cars. I really want a mo-ped now! We've been to most of the nearby beaches, all of which have been full of wild, smashing waves and surfs. Now is not the season for swimming. Still, Goa is wonderful! It's a great way for M and I to end our trip in India.


Thailand is up next in a few days. India, I'll miss you!

2 comments:

L said...

There's a girl on my campus who rides a moped to school. I think she's smart...she lives in the same apartment complexes as me and it's just so close to campus there's no point in driving your car only to get terrible parking. Mopeds are the way to go.

happy raining!

Unknown said...

awesome. makes me want to go to india.