Saturday, September 11, 2010

Hello, Vietnam

A long bus ride from Phnom Penh, Cambodia brought me to Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam...or Saigon (if you're in District 1 and 3).

The architecture of the city really shows the influence of western nations. Skinny, colorful buildings crowd the streets and baguettes are found EVERYWHERE.

After a few days in Saigon (and a side trip to the Mekong Delta where I got to taste coconut candy and hold a big snake), I've arrived in the small beach city of Mui Ne, Vietnam. Too bad I can't be out in the sun too long due to the malaria pills. Malaria medication is (very) unkind to my stomach and skin.

M & I met up with a PC friend of ours. It'll be a nice couple of days to relax and catch up and do some group therapy [hehe].

So far, I'm loving Vietnam :)

||EDIT||

NOT a fan of the commis blocking facebook and my blog [frown]. Good thing things like IP address changes are possible :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Glor~ I only use Eat, Pray, Love, Work now... :P It was the original one.. that I had left because I thought too many people knew about it. :P hahaha.. buuut I'm \back! Can't wait till you're back in the states!
-Minji

Jennifer said...

Eat some good pho? :D

L said...

hahaha i'm glad Vietnam is treating you well :)

i really really really really can't wait to see you again <3